Monday, October 22, 2012

Blue Sage Gourmet Eatery

I love BBQ. If I had to live on anything it would be BBQ with all the fixin's. Living in Canada, we don't have the kind of BBQ that I like. I love southern BBQ. No fall off the bone ribs for me, thanks! How did I come across Blue Sage? The wonderful Misha Djokic Owner and BBQ God (Yes, I went there. Just wait until you taste his food! You will agree!) followed me on Twitter. I'm glad he did because after looking at Blue Sage's menu, I knew I had to eat there.

Today, after dropping Dechlan off at school, Nick and I made our way out to the restaurant. It's fairly close to where we live (roughly a 10 minute drive from Square One area). The decor wasn't anything special but I knew the food would make up for it. I had a good feeling about this place. Misha greeted us and after taking another order came over and chatted with us. We already knew what we wanted so that was easy.

  We got the Grand Champion Platter. It's a big platter that feeds two or one very hungry person (Seriously, I don't see how one person can eat of that food. We didn't finish!). This platter includes your choice of  3 Low n' Smoked meats
 *chicken, chicken wings, pulled pork, beef brisket, jerk pork loin, meatloaf, chevaps,
beef short ribs, baby back ribs & spare ribs.*  Two sides of your choice * Creamy Coleslaw,Potato Salad  Mashed Potato, Cowboy Barbecue Baked Beans, Corn on the Cob (when in season), Honey Hushed Corn Bread, Market Vegetable, Sweet Potato Fries, Silver Dollar Fries*  Misha suggested the Pulled Pork, Brisket and Spare ribs. I got sweet potato fries and Nick got the potato salad. I ordered a side order of coleslaw.

The order came out really fast and I was fairly impressed.  The portions very decent. We got 3 strips of Brisket, Half rack of ribs and a huge pile of Pulled pork. The pulled pork had this amazing sauce on it. I wish I could remember what it was called! It was mustard base. It was sweet but tangy and just overall tasty. Next I tried the Brisket. I'm not wild about most BBQ sauce but Misha makes the most amazing sauce. It's sweet with a tiny bit of a bite to it. It's fantastic. I put that sauce on everything except the pulled pork. Onto the ribs now! Since I worked in BBQ house in Vancouver, I'm picky about my ribs. I hate ribs that fall off the bone. They taste soggy and sort of tasteless no matter how much sauce you put on them. These ribs were perfect. They weren't too dry and the bark was lovely. Add some of that heavenly sauce and you've got my new favourite food! The sweet potato fries were crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside(They do not make their own buns, fries or cookie dough. Everything else is made in house.) The coleslaw was the perfect balance of sweet, tangy with a small bite. It wasn't over dressed and all the vegetables were crisp. I tried Nick's potato salad was to die for. Again, Misha makes it all in house which you can taste.



* PLEASE NOTE, POTATO SALAD AND COLESLAW NOT PICTURED! I FORGOT TO TAKE A PICTURE*


Mishas service is beyond amazing. He loves to cook and that transfers to the food. He's really a nice guy. He's a chatty guy that likes to explain everything about the food he makes. I like that! I like knowing that my food was made with love. He makes you feel like you've known each other forever and makes you feel like a friend. I really love that.

So, if you couldn't tell already, I loved this place! Next time we go (Which will be soon), we will have to bring Dechlan with us. We did bring home leftovers that he really enjoyed.

Blue Sage does Take-out as well!
Check out the Blue Sage Website!

If you live in the Mississauga/GTA I suggest you check this place out!

Address:
2 - 980 Eglinton Ave. E
Mississauga On
L4W 1K3

Phone: 905.212.1441
Twitter: @Bluesagegroumet
Facebok: Bluesagegroumet


Happy Eating!


FYI: I will be doing restaurant reviews every 2 weeks. Keep a look out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment